Tuesday, March 23, 2004

22nd March 2004

I turned 24 years of age yesterday. Time really flies when you don't notice. I had a great party at my place over the weekend and, although i ended up 2 handphones poorer, i still managed to see new faces and make new friends. I also had the opportunity to catch up with people i have not met up with for a long time.

Birthdays are always a good time for reflections, to evaluate the life one has had thus far. In my case, i have had a change of fortunes the past year. I was suddenly given the wealth and the lifestyle i could only dream about when i was younger. However, everything comes with a price. For the wealth and the lifestyle, i had to give up my identity and principles, to live a perpetual lie everyday. I hate it. Only, i have to think of my family now... it's not just about me anymore. This is the price my whole family had to pay for. Might as well live with it and enjoy it the best i can. Suffice it to say, there is a very strong need for me to find a common ground. A group of friends where i can be who i am. No worries and no restrictions. This, again, was also not easy. The rumours and the backstabing.... sometimes i really get so sick of it all. Till now, those backstabing has not ceased, rather, has even increased. Nonetheless, i am content that i still have a handful of true friends that i can count on. Granted that the circle of friends and the lifestyle i took is frowned upon by the majority, but this is also where i found my best friend for the past decade. For those who came to my party, i thank you from the bottom of my heart and i am greatful that you have obliged me with your presence. I had a few good suprises too... Firstly i recieved an SMS from someone who broke off our friendship not too long ago, we were very close before that.... he would stay over at my place and we would joke, eat, play together. He was like a little brother to me. Then, i told him that i was Gay. From then on, everything changed. There was instantly a barrier between us. One that was unsaid, but so strongly felt. He sent me a very strongly worded SMS which i still keep with me right now. But, miracles do happen. He sent me a happy birthday message and apologised that he could not make it to my party after all. I realised something at that moment. Both he and i lived in two different circles, not that he could not accept me for what i am, rather, he was brought up in an enviroment that condems such a lifestyle. It didn't help that he was a baptised christian either. Wadever his reasons for ending our friendship, i want him to know that whatever happens, my door will always be opened for him.

Not that my lifestyle is any easier. There are times where insensitive remarks and actions really hit me hard. Sometimes it really got so bad, i feel like just walking away, to give it all up. But one does not leave his friends/family just because of small set backs like these. When we accomodate and compromise, we find that it's so much easier to stay together, and to be able to trust one another. I would like to specifically thank the following people for turning up for my party

Eneut
Cpazo
Liv^88
Levia
Naoki23
Choubaby
Coldhope
Gui
Shanshan
Iota
Dunaskmi
Shiva
Nova86
Oeros
Blueh
Jovin
Wei
Valdore
Darkl0rd
Mdude
Illumina
Sgstvoy
Jiro
Garak
Dr EMH
Ivan
Jeramiah
QinAn
QinAn Gf


PS: if i missed out anyone please let me know.


Angel-x


Elder-Grey blogged @ 8:59 AM | archives




---*make it real*---


Comments: Post a Comment
This egg hatches on 03/01/06! Adopt one today!
James Lee Ng
Gender: Male (Like Duhz!)
Age: Above 21 ;D
Nicknames: Moderator/Angel-x/LostFaith/EarlGrey
Marital Status: Single and Available
Lives with: Family at YCK area
Occupation: Executive Officer
Licence: Class 3 (W.e.f 13/04/06)


***********************

interests

StarTrek (All Series): Member of StarTrek Fan Group of Singapore (STFGSG)
Aikido: Member of Aikido Shinju-Kai Singapore since November 2004.
6th Kyu (Blue Belt) 27th March 05.
5th Kyu (Blue Gold) 19th June 05.
4th Kyu (Brown Belt) 25th Sept 05
3rd Kyu (Brown-Gold) 19th Mar 06


***********************
dislikes

Lateness
Indeciveness
Vulguar Words


***********************

Acting Appearences

"Men at 40 (Channel 8) Waiter"
"The Champions (Channel 8)CID Officer"
"Xi Ling Men II (Channel 8)Police/CID Officer"
"My Mighty In-Laws (Channel 8)Wushu Student"
"A Child's Hope II (Channel 8) Medic"
"Room in my Heart (Channel 8) Volunteer"
"My Lucky Charm (Channel 8)Wushu Student"
"Zero to Hero (Channel 8) HellGuard"
"Potrait of Home (Channel 8) Cameraman"
"Feng Niao (Channel 8) Ah Cai"
"Fa Yi X Dang An (Channel 8) Messenger"
"Ai Yoh, Wo De Ma (channel 8) Enviroment Officer"
"Wu Chu Cai Hong (Channel 8) Security Guard"
"Ai De Zhang Men Ren (Channel 8) Reporter (occuring role)"


***********************
Services Provided

Tuition: Once a week, One Subject (Eng,Lit,Geog or Chi), 2 hours per session SGD$180
Events Hosting/Emcee: Neg on Project Basis (SGD$90 - SGD$180 per project)
Advertisment Talent: Market Rate.
Counselling

<

::Lester Ho Black (TJC)::
::Lester Ho White (TJC)::
::FengQuan (VJC)::
::David #Myplace::
::Zuohan #Myplace::
::Hafiz (Aikido)::
::Isaac (little Bro) (Aikido)::
::KangRui (CHS)::
::QiChao (CHS)::
::Jerome::
::Sgstvoy A.K.A Ben (Startrek)::
::Dori A.K.A Fiona (Startrek)::
others

StarTrek Fan Group Singapore ::
Aikido Shinju-Kai Singapore ::
neopets ::
link :: link :: link :: link


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com