Wednesday 6th July 05 1241am
Tuesday went to meet up with the Artiste Manager of United Artiste Network. The talk went well, and she offered me a chance to join them as an artiste under their management. However, there are a few things that i need to think about. SERIOUSLY.
1) There is a fee of SGD$650 to join them as an artiste for One and a Half Years. This amount has to be paid in FULL before i am considered an artiste. Once i am an artiste with them, The money i paid for goes towards a professional portfollio of myself, and access to the pool of events/shows/serials/advertisement projects that the company has. However, any assignments i take up, the company will take a 25% cut of my earnings.
2) As this is a very competitive line, there are no guarntees that i will make the cut to earn for myself a decent pay at the end of the month
3) My tuition will suffer. As if i take up any assignments, i will need to commit to the shooting and thus, will not have time for my students at all.
4) What will i survive on if i have no projects to take up? Meaning, no earnings at all? Point to note, I'am just an Artiste in their pool of talents, i DO NOT draw a salary every month from them.
5) If i DO decide to join them, i will need to borrow heavily to pay for my subscription to the company. SO what if i FAIL? I will be very much in debt then......
After the talk with the Artiste manager, i headed down to Toa Payoh to meet up with a new student of mine, A pri 6 male student. He is tall for his age, and is rather effemninate too. Anyhow, with this student, i currently have 5 students in total. This brings my income, after the initial One month half payment to my agent, to around SGD$600 ++ per month. Enough to pay off my bills with. I am also trying to get a job with a governement sector for some admin work, hopefully drawing around SGD$1,200 a month. This job is office hours, so i should have time to arrange for my 5 students currently.
Now my problem is... Do i pursue my dreams of being an entertainer? Or should i just stick to my current job plan, that is, an office hours job in the day, then tuition after office hours to suppliment my income?
Really confused...... REALLY NEED some help here.... Anyone who has any advice... please tag or for those with my MSN, drop me a line.
Comments: Post a Comment