Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wednesday 6th July 05 1241am

CONUNDRUM

Tuesday went to meet up with the Artiste Manager of United Artiste Network. The talk went well, and she offered me a chance to join them as an artiste under their management. However, there are a few things that i need to think about. SERIOUSLY.

1) There is a fee of SGD$650 to join them as an artiste for One and a Half Years. This amount has to be paid in FULL before i am considered an artiste. Once i am an artiste with them, The money i paid for goes towards a professional portfollio of myself, and access to the pool of events/shows/serials/advertisement projects that the company has. However, any assignments i take up, the company will take a 25% cut of my earnings.

2) As this is a very competitive line, there are no guarntees that i will make the cut to earn for myself a decent pay at the end of the month

3) My tuition will suffer. As if i take up any assignments, i will need to commit to the shooting and thus, will not have time for my students at all.

4) What will i survive on if i have no projects to take up? Meaning, no earnings at all? Point to note, I'am just an Artiste in their pool of talents, i DO NOT draw a salary every month from them.

5) If i DO decide to join them, i will need to borrow heavily to pay for my subscription to the company. SO what if i FAIL? I will be very much in debt then......


After the talk with the Artiste manager, i headed down to Toa Payoh to meet up with a new student of mine, A pri 6 male student. He is tall for his age, and is rather effemninate too. Anyhow, with this student, i currently have 5 students in total. This brings my income, after the initial One month half payment to my agent, to around SGD$600 ++ per month. Enough to pay off my bills with. I am also trying to get a job with a governement sector for some admin work, hopefully drawing around SGD$1,200 a month. This job is office hours, so i should have time to arrange for my 5 students currently.

Now my problem is... Do i pursue my dreams of being an entertainer? Or should i just stick to my current job plan, that is, an office hours job in the day, then tuition after office hours to suppliment my income?

Really confused...... REALLY NEED some help here.... Anyone who has any advice... please tag or for those with my MSN, drop me a line.

EarlGrey


Elder-Grey blogged @ 12:40 AM | archives




---*make it real*---


Comments: Post a Comment
This egg hatches on 03/01/06! Adopt one today!
James Lee Ng
Gender: Male (Like Duhz!)
Age: Above 21 ;D
Nicknames: Moderator/Angel-x/LostFaith/EarlGrey
Marital Status: Single and Available
Lives with: Family at YCK area
Occupation: Executive Officer
Licence: Class 3 (W.e.f 13/04/06)


***********************

interests

StarTrek (All Series): Member of StarTrek Fan Group of Singapore (STFGSG)
Aikido: Member of Aikido Shinju-Kai Singapore since November 2004.
6th Kyu (Blue Belt) 27th March 05.
5th Kyu (Blue Gold) 19th June 05.
4th Kyu (Brown Belt) 25th Sept 05
3rd Kyu (Brown-Gold) 19th Mar 06


***********************
dislikes

Lateness
Indeciveness
Vulguar Words


***********************

Acting Appearences

"Men at 40 (Channel 8) Waiter"
"The Champions (Channel 8)CID Officer"
"Xi Ling Men II (Channel 8)Police/CID Officer"
"My Mighty In-Laws (Channel 8)Wushu Student"
"A Child's Hope II (Channel 8) Medic"
"Room in my Heart (Channel 8) Volunteer"
"My Lucky Charm (Channel 8)Wushu Student"
"Zero to Hero (Channel 8) HellGuard"
"Potrait of Home (Channel 8) Cameraman"
"Feng Niao (Channel 8) Ah Cai"
"Fa Yi X Dang An (Channel 8) Messenger"
"Ai Yoh, Wo De Ma (channel 8) Enviroment Officer"
"Wu Chu Cai Hong (Channel 8) Security Guard"
"Ai De Zhang Men Ren (Channel 8) Reporter (occuring role)"


***********************
Services Provided

Tuition: Once a week, One Subject (Eng,Lit,Geog or Chi), 2 hours per session SGD$180
Events Hosting/Emcee: Neg on Project Basis (SGD$90 - SGD$180 per project)
Advertisment Talent: Market Rate.
Counselling

<

::Lester Ho Black (TJC)::
::Lester Ho White (TJC)::
::FengQuan (VJC)::
::David #Myplace::
::Zuohan #Myplace::
::Hafiz (Aikido)::
::Isaac (little Bro) (Aikido)::
::KangRui (CHS)::
::QiChao (CHS)::
::Jerome::
::Sgstvoy A.K.A Ben (Startrek)::
::Dori A.K.A Fiona (Startrek)::
others

StarTrek Fan Group Singapore ::
Aikido Shinju-Kai Singapore ::
neopets ::
link :: link :: link :: link


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com