Saturday, November 26, 2005

Saturday 26th NOV 05 11:20PM

BONES

Friday i was too tired to update my blog so i held it off till now. A few things i want to put down in writting for this day. In the morning i made a few calls to my Dojo members to clarify a few things from them about their grading issues. Then it's off to HQ to submit payment. I have this habit. I really hate to carry or keep other people's cash. It's a very heavy burden to bear. Anything to do with money is VERY SENSITIVE to people. Even for me. Now, i'am not saying that i have the tendency of spending the money away, but really, if you are holding on to cash that is not yours, would you NOT be a wee bit uncomfortable? What if you drop a few notes? or you miscalculated and overcharged people? or worse, undercharge? I had many members and parents handing me cash in 10s and 50s notes. It's horrible. I got back home after training day and quickly got down to sorting the payments made to make sure i have the amount correct. It's not a fun thing to do, counting money. Trust me on that. Anyway i got to HQ and quickly got down to settling the fees with Suharti. Due to the amount of members paying, it took awhile. And guess what happened? After going throught the payments ONE by ONE, i was STILL left with some cash EXTRA!!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Anyway we were too tired after all the counting that i decided to call it a day and move on home with the extra cash until Suharti can make a final check on her side as to what went wrong.

Before going home, i called up Isaac to tell him i have his Thick Dogi and that i will be sending it to his place. In the end, we arranged to meet at our Dojo to pass him his Dogi. As meetings go, We chatted from 6pm all the way till 8:30pm. Somehow during that few hours, we spoke about my blog and that he knows that i can do Bone Reading. He was curious naturally as to what bone reading is. So he let me do a reading for him. This was when i really got to know Isaac.

He is a really sad and lonely boy. Not only that, he is suicidal too. When i held his hand, his emotions hit me like train. He is under extream pressure at home. He dosen't feel love at home, and hates to even be at home. He feels he just wants to end his life there and then. Friends, What friends? He dosen't have anyone he can talk to, no true friends that he actually considers to be per se. Why do i relate this in my blog?

Simple.

This kind of feelings are not supposed to be in a young teenager of 14 years old. This leads me to ask the question "Why?" Teenagers now, are they fraught with impossible expectations by parents? Or do they put those expectations on themselves by virtue of the world as it is now? Competition even at the primary level. Piano lessons. Aikido lessons. Tuition for all the subjects. Enrichment classes. Are all these things really neccessary now? I can still remember that when i was in primary school, a holiday is REALLY a holiday. totally no school and no such things as "holiday homework" or Assignments. Even in my lower secondary days. Holidays are SOLID full holidays. What is going on now?

What DOES a teenager want NOW, in this time and age? Is it to be accepted as, i won't say an adult, but more towards having what they say COUNT for something. Having their input or decisions accepted by their parents. To be trusted to make their own judgements and make their own mistakes and learn from them? Is that what teeangers want now?

To be treated like a young man/women and NOT as a "kid"? How many teenagers now are forced to do things they dun wish to or like? How many can actually talk or communicate with their parents without fear of being misunderstood or worse, shrugged off like an inmature twerp? I have been a teenager once myself. I understand the fustrations that teens face when they just can't seem to have things going their way. Heck, i used to think that way too. However, Being sons and daughters of parents, A parent will ALWAYS be bias on the way they bring up their child. This is a fact that can never be altered. However, perhaps the approaches to achieve the same aim IE, To bring up their child well, and protect them from harm can be better found by actually listening to what the child needs in the first place?

A child that finds no love in a family, A child that has sucidial thoughts, a child that is afraid to make friends or speak up for him/herself. A child that accepts his/her "friends" jeers and puns and does tasks like carrying their books for them or even cleaning up after them like a maid without so much of a whisper, just so he/she can feel that he/she BELONGS to that group, the ONLY group of friends he/she has.

Is THIS the kind of teen or child we like to see in our time and place? We may not. But hello.

They ARE there. And growing by the minute. Of course, i can keep writting about this issue untill my keyboard dies on me. But the fact remains, If nothing is DONE, all this typing is useless too right? I told Isaac that he can ALWAYS call me should he need me. And that i will ALWAYS be there for him. I am saying this for my readers too. If you have my number, CALL ME. I may not be able to solve your problems, but rest assured, i will be there for you to talk to, to listen. And to share your tears with you. If you do NOT have my number, e-mail me at ocsir@hotmail.com for my number. Keep my number in your phone book. I admit, i may not be able to help EVERYONE, i am NOT perfect myself. But i CAN say with conviction that i AM a good listener and i Will do ALL THAT IS IN MY POWER to help WHOEVER calls me up with a problem they find too hard for them to handle.

I NEVER had anyone to talk to about my problems when i was growing up. And i know the pain and that void that can feel like.

Let me be YOUR listening ear. Let me be YOUR friend to talk to. I am here for my friends. It's just up to you to dial my number. Make the first step. The rest WILL follow.


On a Happier note, Today i went down to the Science Centre for the "Art of Star Wars" exibition in my full starfleet uniform.

IT WAS GREAT.

The place was big and the atmosphere was just awesome. I even got to try my hand at some "Jedi mind powers". I kid you not. It was really great!! And it's real!



Come on. How cool is this?



Well. Suffice it to say, Saturday was a long day for me. But really, It was worth it.

EarlGrey


Elder-Grey blogged @ 11:16 PM | archives




---*make it real*---


Comments: Post a Comment
This egg hatches on 03/01/06! Adopt one today!
James Lee Ng
Gender: Male (Like Duhz!)
Age: Above 21 ;D
Nicknames: Moderator/Angel-x/LostFaith/EarlGrey
Marital Status: Single and Available
Lives with: Family at YCK area
Occupation: Executive Officer
Licence: Class 3 (W.e.f 13/04/06)


***********************

interests

StarTrek (All Series): Member of StarTrek Fan Group of Singapore (STFGSG)
Aikido: Member of Aikido Shinju-Kai Singapore since November 2004.
6th Kyu (Blue Belt) 27th March 05.
5th Kyu (Blue Gold) 19th June 05.
4th Kyu (Brown Belt) 25th Sept 05
3rd Kyu (Brown-Gold) 19th Mar 06


***********************
dislikes

Lateness
Indeciveness
Vulguar Words


***********************

Acting Appearences

"Men at 40 (Channel 8) Waiter"
"The Champions (Channel 8)CID Officer"
"Xi Ling Men II (Channel 8)Police/CID Officer"
"My Mighty In-Laws (Channel 8)Wushu Student"
"A Child's Hope II (Channel 8) Medic"
"Room in my Heart (Channel 8) Volunteer"
"My Lucky Charm (Channel 8)Wushu Student"
"Zero to Hero (Channel 8) HellGuard"
"Potrait of Home (Channel 8) Cameraman"
"Feng Niao (Channel 8) Ah Cai"
"Fa Yi X Dang An (Channel 8) Messenger"
"Ai Yoh, Wo De Ma (channel 8) Enviroment Officer"
"Wu Chu Cai Hong (Channel 8) Security Guard"
"Ai De Zhang Men Ren (Channel 8) Reporter (occuring role)"


***********************
Services Provided

Tuition: Once a week, One Subject (Eng,Lit,Geog or Chi), 2 hours per session SGD$180
Events Hosting/Emcee: Neg on Project Basis (SGD$90 - SGD$180 per project)
Advertisment Talent: Market Rate.
Counselling

<

::Lester Ho Black (TJC)::
::Lester Ho White (TJC)::
::FengQuan (VJC)::
::David #Myplace::
::Zuohan #Myplace::
::Hafiz (Aikido)::
::Isaac (little Bro) (Aikido)::
::KangRui (CHS)::
::QiChao (CHS)::
::Jerome::
::Sgstvoy A.K.A Ben (Startrek)::
::Dori A.K.A Fiona (Startrek)::
others

StarTrek Fan Group Singapore ::
Aikido Shinju-Kai Singapore ::
neopets ::
link :: link :: link :: link


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com